From reducing the risk of having a heart attack to discovering potential underlying health issues—donating blood has many health benefits for the donor as well.
- OneBlood Free wellness checkup. Each time you donate with OneBlood you’ll receive a free wellness checkup which includes blood pressure, pulse, temperature, iron count and cholesterol screening.
- OneBlood COVID-19 Antibody testing. OneBlood is now testing all blood donations for the COVID-19 antibody.
- You may be less likely to have a heart attack. Donating regularly may help your blood flow and result in fewer arterial blockages. In fact, some studies have shown that men who donate at least three times a year can drastically reduce their risk of having a heart attack or stroke.
- Donating can keep your iron level balanced. Having too much iron in your blood can contribute to hardening of the arteries. When you donate blood, the amount of iron in your blood is reduced. The iron will be replenished by the food you eat after donating, but regular donations can balance your iron level.
- Make An Appointment To Donate COVID-19 Convalescent Plasma
- Make An Appointment To Donate Blood
- QUIZ: Test Your Knowledge On Blood And Plasma Donation
Rachel PItts is a 20+ year radio veteran covers all things Philly for Beasley Media Group Philadelphia as the Digital Program Director. This includes 97.5 The Fanatic, WMMR, WMGK, 92.5 XTU and BEN FM. A graduate from the Universaity of South Florida with a Bachelor's degree in Mass Communications with a focus in Public Relations. Previously was the Digital Program Director for Beasley Media Group Tampa. Has been the co-host of "Theme Parks & Rec Podcast" and of the Tampa Bay Lightning backed podcast called, "Game Mizconduct".
Sign me up for the WiLD 94.1 email newsletter!
As a WiLD 94.1 VIP member you get access to tons of perks. Get exclusive pre-sale codes for the hottest concerts, contests, and hip-hop and local news.